I’ve decided to take part in the A to Z April Challenge this year. The goal is to blog everyday this month (except Sundays), and do it thematically from A to Z. Which means that the first day, today, I blog about something related to the letter “A”, tomorrow will be “B” and so on and so forth.
“A” is simple. I am April. This month is April. April is a state of being. April showers bring May flowers, or some crap like that.
I decided to blog a little bit about my self, since I don’t think I’ve ever done an official “About me” blog.
Hi. My name is April Loebick. I am a 27-year-old gal who works as a managing editor for a small university press. I’m happily married with three beautiful four-legged children. They’re corgis who go by the names of Waffles, Twinkie, and Scotch. I post pictures of them on this blog all the time. I enjoy reading, writing, playing video games and tabletop games. I love being able to sit down with a nice glass of wine and just relax to a good book. I blog most every day about things ranging from book reviews to health and wellness.
I’m not the best about describing myself, so I’m going to let you know a little bit more about me via an old-school MySpace questionnaire:
- What is your handle (or user name) and why did you choose it? Does it have any special meaning? Well, on this thing It’s just plain April – it’s meaning is that it’s my name.
- Real name: April Nicole Loebick (Maiden name Sellers)
- Location: Cleveland, GA
- Number of candles that appeared on your last birthday cake: 27
- Date that you regularly blow them out: July 16
- City of Birth: Dalton, GA
- What is your favorite food? Depends on my mood. Most of the time it is baby back ribs dripping with barbeque sauce, which I only have on special occasions (because OMG the calories!)
- Favorite movies: I have lots; The Lord of the Rings, Wizards of Oz, & The Dark Crystal are just a few.
- Favorite holiday: Christmas–I love to decorate and enjoy a nice dinner with my family
- Favorite day of the week: Friday Nights are drinky-fun nights in the Loebick household
- Favorite restaurant: Rib Country
- Favorite Flower: Orchids are always fun
- Favorite beverage: I drink water most of the time
- Favorite color: Purple
- Favorite TV Shows: Game of Thrones, Doctor Who, Castle
- The last movie you saw in the theater: The Hobbit
- Which single store would you choose to max out your credit cards? A book store
- If you had to be stranded on a deserted island for the rest of your life, what five things would you take with you? A box of books (what, it’s a single item!), My husband, a knife, A blanket, Hammer (it could be more useful than you think)
- If you could have a television and a DVD player on this island, but if you had to choose just one actor or actress whose movies you would watch, and you could have any movie that they were in but that’s all you’d get to see forever, who would it be? Emma Stone
- If you could receive one television network on the island, which would it be? ABC
- If you could build a house anywhere, where would it be? A cabin in the middle of the woods with a nice, relaxing mountain view.
- What is your favorite article of clothing? Depends on if I’m feeling bloated or sexy
- What is your favorite song of all time? It changes
- What is the last CD you bought? (heh, this questionnaire is showing it’s age) Some Clutch Albums for Greg
- What is your favorite song playing on the radio right now? I listen to NPR…
- Your favorite decade or era: let’s go with Not the 80s
- Where is your favorite place to be? Home.
- What Hollywood star would play you in a movie about your life? Allison Brie
- The moon or the sun? Moon
- Favorite season: Autumn
- What are your favorite books? Lots of other stuff. I love reading. You can check out my list of re-readables here