My parents called me up yesterday and let me know that they were coming over for a surprise visit (which entails about a 1.5 hour drive). While they were here, they were kind enough to take Greg and I out to lunch at the local Western Sizzlin’ (damn good southern country buffet). Afterwards, we stopped at what have become my favorite local thrift stores. While out, I picked up five new books to add to my collection:
- Can’t Teach an Old Demon New Tricks by Cara Lockwood ($.25)
- Royal Assassin by Robin Hobb* ($.25)
- Tales from Watership Down by Richard Adams** ($.25)
- Lost Light by Michael Connelly ($.50)
- Hoot by Carl Hiaasen ($.25)
* Yes, I just recently read and reviewed this book, but I read it in an ebook format on my kindle. It’s nice to have the physical copies of books that I love
** This book is a sequel to one of my all time favorites, Watership Down by the same author. I didn’t even know there was a sequel, so it was a really nice and surprising find.