- Java: Or coffee–To help get through those morning/afternoon writing sessions. Caffeine is a stimulant. It helps to get your body and your mind in gear.
- Wine: To help you get through those afternoon/evening sessions. Wine relaxes you, lowers some inhibitions, and eases you into writing.
- Books: Whether it be paper or electronic, all writers should be readers.
- Place: Have a place dedicated to writing, whether that be an office, a park picnic table, or a coffee house. Know that when you’re in that place, you should be writing.
- Support: We all need a little help from our friends. For some, this may be an encouraging spouse, for others it may be a writing critique group. You are not alone in this venture.
Character Development Exercise: What was your protagonist’s New Year’s resolution? Have they broken it already? When and how? If they didn’t make a resolution, what was their reason?
Write about a memorable Christmas Morning, real or fake. Describe the smells, the weather, the emotions, and etc.
This week’s writing prompt has been provided by (aka stolen from) the Writers Write facebook page (go like them, they give out daily writing prompts and post other fun stuff)