Yesterday, I posted on what core values were, list a whole bunch of them, and then challenged you to create a list of 4-6 personal core values that you hold. As promised, today I’m posting the core values that I embody and that define who at am.
- Explore: I explore wonders of both knowledge and nature
- Impact: I strive to make a positive impact on the people around me
- Balance: I seek balance and fairness in all aspects of my life
- Honesty: I speak and act with honesty to myself and others
- Independence: I do not seek others to do what I can do myself
I may edit and refine my value statements as I live with them and learn. But for right now, these five words are the most distilled version of me.
Over a series of posts, I will focus on each of these aspects of my person and expand on them. Perhaps in this exploration, I will decide to alter my value statements, perhaps not.
Maybe I should add something about my flexibility and openness to change…